Grandma’s House is a brewery & taproom on the historic Antique Row stretch of South Broadway. Now in our fourth year, we have steadily grown yet very much remain a small company. We are currently seeking applicants to fill several openings within the company.
While serving beer will be a large part of the position, we continue to seek out candidates to join our FOH staff that can help the company grow by utilizing a variety of skills. Those skills might include marketing, event planning, bookkeeping, minor maintenance, general brewhouse duties, and so on. Attributes we are seeking in potential candidates include the following:
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at once, to be effective with minimal oversight, and the initiative to take on new projects and run with them;
- Aptitude to absorb information quickly and apply it;
- Thorough knowledge of beer styles, the desire to build on that knowledge, and the capability to provide a nuanced and informed description of any of our beers while gauging the knowledge level of each of our guests. Previous serving or bartending experience is beneficial but not required.
Our current head brewer is sadly taking his talents back to his home state of Connecticut, so we are seeking an excellent candidate to take the reins. Potential candidates should possess the following attributes:
- At least 2 years of professional brewing experience;
- Proficient organizational and computer skills;
- The ability to collaborate as a team member as well as handle all aspects of the production process with little-to-no supervision;
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly in regards to sanitation and production processes;
- The ability to troubleshoot general issues and creatively solve problems;
- The desire to be a part of a small, growing company and take on many different responsibilities (sometimes outside of the brewhouse); and
- Experience with QA/QC, general lab work, yeast handling, inventory management, recipe formulation & barrel aging are very much desired.
We welcome the chance to provide employees the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities, and we are always happy to promote from within. Grandma values the work of both our FOH and BOH employees, so all of our employees take part in a tip share that results in a competitive hourly wage. Interested candidates should submit a resume along with letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.